Hola lovely readers,
since this summer I am a big fan of coloured eyeliners and mascaras. They’re really summery and they always remind me of music festivals like Coachella. Normally I would never wear anything blue or turquoise around my eyes because I find that I look ill or like I’ve come straight from the 80s. However, since this summer I LOVE turquoise eye liners! This might or might not have to do with the release of Benefit’s They’re Real Eyeliner in different colours :).
For this look you don’t have to buy any expensive eye liner, you can also use a drugstore liner like I do. Let’s start!
L’OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Medium
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark
MAC Powder Blush in Pinch Me
P2 Brow Express Pen in 031 charming brunette
L’OREAL Brow Artist Plumper in clear
Original Urban Decay NAKED Palette, shades Naked & Virgin
Essence 2in1 eyeliner pen
Astor EyeArtist Definer in 008 Tropic Green
MAC Eye Kohl in Phone Number
P2 Beauty Safari summer passion mascara&eyeliner
L’OREAL Volume Million Lashes excess in black waterproof
L’OREAL Color Riche lipstick in J Lo’s Nude
MAC lipstick Russian Red
How to achieve the look:
- First of all moisturize your skin by using a day cream and if you want an undereye cream. If you want you can also apply primer but I will leave this step out because at the moment my skin is really good:) I then applied BB cream all over my face, I used a brush to do this but you’re also fine using your hands. Then I used my powder which is Mineralize Skinfinish from MAC. I love it! With a powder brush I dust the powder over all the areas where I tend to shine, especially my T-zone. Afterwards I apply a powder blusher on the apples of my cheek.
- Next step I brush through my brows, fill in any gaps with an eye brow pencil and then set the hairs in place with a bit of clear brow gel.
- Next on is eyes! I tried to keep the eye shadow quite simple because the eye liner is already really colourful. In the crease I applied a tiny bit of Naked (from the Original Naked Palette) just to give the eyes a bit of shape. Then I took Virgin and put it on the mobile lid and in the inner corner.
- OPTION 1: I lined the upper lashline with a normal black eye liner and made a small flic at the outer corner. Then I used the turquoise liner underneath the lower lashline and winged it out. Afterwards I curled my lashes and put on black mascara.
- OPTION 2: I lined the upper lashline with the turquoise eye liner from P2. Then I lined both the tightline and the waterline with a black eye pencil. Afterwards I took the black and turquoise liner to smudge them underneath the lower lashline. Next I curled my lashes and applied mascara.
- There are also two options for the lips. The first one is a simple shimmery nude lip. Because the lips are nude the eyes really stand out! However I also like a strong lip to this look, for example a pinky red like Russian Red from MAC. I find that the turquoise and the red match really really well.
This is the finshed look, I really hope you like it and maybe by any chance you’ll try it out :) Have you already seen our other tutorials, with purple eyeshadow or bronzed cheeks ? Also follow us on Instagram ♥
All photos are taken by me (TheSisterBlog).